The third quarter of 19 was not particularly encouraging for the global Smartphone market. During this period, there were 10 million smartphones sold worldwide. However, in the same quarter of the previous year, 10 million 9 million smartphones were sold.
According to the report from Counterpoint, some Smartphone brands have been successful in doing business over the past year, and for some, it has been tragic quarterly. These are the major Smartphone company’s earning gains and losers this quarter:
1. Samsung: Samsung in the first quarter of this year has increased smartphone sales by 8.5 percent compared to the third quarter of last year. Samsung’s share of the global smartphone market is around 8 percent. Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy A Series smartphones were notable in the third quarter.
2. Huawei: The third quarter was the most pleasant for the Chinese smartphone brand Huawei. During this period, the company was able to trade smartphone sales by 5.5 percent more than last year. When it comes to the Chinese market, Huawei has secured 5% of its market share. The trade war with the US has shown that Huawei’s gain in the domestic market is even more pronounced when the wave of nationalism in China is triggered.
3. Apple: The third quarter of 19 was not very pleasant for Apple. iPhone sales fell 5 percent compared to the same period last year. Which also affected the company’s gross income. Apple’s quarterly revenue was down 5 percent from the same period last year. However, the iPhone 5 Series, which came on the market towards the end of the third quarter, is expected to provide some relief to Apple in the current quarter.
4. Oppo: Chinese brand Oppo occupies the fourth position in the global smartphone market. The third quarter of this year was not pleasant for OPPO as well. In this period, both the share of Oppo’s global smartphone market and the number of smartphone sales have declined over the past year.
5. Xiaomi: Chinese brand Xiaomi also suffered a decline in smartphone sales in the third quarter. In the third quarter of last year, Xiaomi managed to sell 100 million tablets in the same period of this year, Xiaomi has sold only 10 million mobile phones. Huawei’s presence in the Chinese market seems to be affecting Xiaomi. But Xiaomi has maintained its dominance in the Indian market.
6. Vivo: The third quarter, even for another Chinese brand, Vivo, was forgotten. Vivo had to decline in terms of both market share and smartphone sales. In the third quarter of last year, the total number of Vivo smartphones sold in the global market was 6.39 million. Similarly, the share of the global smartphone market has dropped from 5 percent to 8.5 percent.
7. Realme: For Oppo’s nephew brand, it has been a pleasant quarter. In the global Smartphone market, Realme is expanding its market at a rapid pace
8. Motorola: The market for the Motorola brand owned by Lenovo company has also fallen in the quarter. During this period, Motorola has been able to send only 10 million smartphones to the global market. In the same period last year, 10 million Gota Motorola was shipped to the smartphone market. Motorola is expected to make a comeback in the market from its Razer Series smartphones.
9. LG: Smartphones from LG, the South Korean company, were also not particularly well-liked in the third quarter of this year. In the quarter, LG alone has been able to consume around 500,000 smartphones in the global market. LG’s smartphones were consumed in the global market during the same period last year.
10. Techno: Chinese smartphone company Techno has made some progress in the third quarter of 19 compared to last year. During this period, the share of the global smartphone market of the company, as well as the number of actual smartphone sales, increased even slightly Yes. In the third quarter, sales of over one lakh smartphones from Techno brand were sold. This is more than ever in any quarter for techno. Likewise in the global smartphone market, techno has increased its share from 8.5 percent to 8.5 percent.